Learn about mold checking at home

December 19, 2019 • By

Before analyzing how you can know when you have a problem with mold in your home, let’s take a look at the basics. Mold is caused by the growth of microbes in or within materials within a structure that has humidity / humidity levels and / or temperatures above average that are favorable for the growth of mold spores. In general, mold is not always a bad thing, since it is an important part of the atmosphere that plays a vital role in the organic decomposition of natural materials that, consequently, produces the essential conditions for new life forms to develop organic However, within man-made structures, mold is actually a negative factor and should really be avoided and treated immediately if discovered. Mold can begin to grow inside a structure that has water and mold damage if drying does not start within 24-48 hours. Mold begins as small spores that are invisible only to the human eye and, therefore, are in the air and can be found almost everywhere, inside and outside the doors.

However, it is when testing for mold in house portland oregonthese little spores find something wet, that they begin to reproduce.

So, now that we understand the basics, how can we determine if a mold condition really exists in your home? Normally, the most apparent danger signal is the appearance of mold. In many cases, mold has the ability to be seen by the human eye in visible areas that are easy to detect: bathroom walls, showers, behind toilets, under sinks, around hot water heaters, etc. But when you think you might have mold but can’t see it, you may want to hire a home inspector or testing for mold in house portland oregon in your home to verify more difficult areas to locate, such as tracking spaces, attics, and warehouses.

Another red light may be the smell produced by mold. It has a strange and spicy smell that is often isolated to the areas it contains inside the home. The hard part of knowing without a doubt if you smell it is that it will often not be visible. It will often grow in non-visible places, such as behind wallpaper, behind cabinets or inside walls.


The best and least desirable way to let you know that you have mold is that you are going through health problems. In many unfortunate cases, individuals will live in the home with mold growth for several weeks or perhaps years and will not know because it is not visible to them. Many times, this happens, citizens will begin to develop health problems, for example: congestion, watery eyes, feeling dizzy and short of breath.