Instagram is a great platform where you can share photos with your friends. You can explore your creative side, share your work, or build a personal brand. You can also discover various content from people around the world. It is crucial to ensure the safety and security of your social media accounts. There are a lot of Instagram password hacker apps across the web. Only when you keep your account secure can you keep cyber criminals and scammers away. A lot of options are available if you want to keep your account private and secure.
The public cannot view photos from a private account. Only those who follow you will be able to see the photos on your profile.
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Click the three dots on the lower-right.
- Look for the PRIVATE ACCOUNT option at the bottom. Turn this setting on. The button should become blue.
Block unknown followers
A private account will not keep your photos private from those already following you. You have to remove or block people you do not want to see your photos.
- Go to your FOLLOWERS list.
- Tap on the user you want to block.
- Tap on the MENU from the top-right.
- Choose BLOCK USER in the new window.
It would be best not to expose too much private data in your profile information or your EDIT profile area. Do not show your Activity Status if you want more privacy. It shows the last time you were active on Instagram.
- Tap the MENU in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down. Turn off the SHOW ACTIVITY STATUS slider.
Do not expose your location
Make sure to turn off your location services for Instagram. There are people who left for a short holiday and bragged about it online, exposing their current location. They come home to find their place emptied by robbers. Avoid checking-in certain photos. You can turn off your LOCATION SERVICES in the PRIVACY section. If you want to remove check-ins you already have, follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram photos.
- Look for photos with a location attached to them. Click the three vertical dots on the top-right corner.
- Tap EDIT and click on the location of the photo. Leave it empty to delete the location.
Although there are only a few available options to keep your Instagram secure, it would be best to use them. Always remember, think before you click. This will help you avoid any trouble.